Monday, November 1, 2010

Fun Art vs Fine Art

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."
- Pablo Picasso

I have been teaching arts enrichment classes to children ages 2/12 - 10 for the past 7 years.  The object of these classes has been to bring out the joy of creativity in young children. I used the concept of fun art vs fine art when working with the children. 

Fine art is considered a disciplined approach to art that does require a certain amount of talent to master.  In my Fun Art classes, the child does not need any special talent to participate, only an openness and a desire to bring forth something unique and beautiful.


In this time of cut backs in educational art budgets,  I am looking to share fun art ideas with parents, homeschoolers, pre-school teachers, librarians and anyone else who wants to join me in  nurturing creativity in young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment